Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkata Balaji N
Subject Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Asif,

Sorry, i should have responded first. Thanks for inputs and my replies are inline -

Any help would be appreciated. Do i need to give any particular CFLAGS ?

Below is the configure command -

./configure --prefix=/opt/postgres/9.5.3 CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc 'CFLAGS=-xO3 -xarch=v9 -xspace -W0,-Lt -W2,-Rcond_elim -Xa -xildoff -xc99=none -xCC' --enable-cassert --without-readline --enable-thread-safety LDFLAGS='-L/usr/lib/sparcv9 -L/usr/ucblib/sparcv9'

AFAIR I deprived use of -xarch=v9 and used -m64 instead. I wonder why are you using LDFLAGS='-L/usr/lib/sparcv9 -L/usr/ucblib/sparcv9', when you provide -xarch=v9 compiler should automatically pick the correct libraries and headers I think. There seems lot of cflags used, are you using them because of any recommendation or any issue faced ?.

I just gave LDFLAGS in-case compiler cannot pickup the libraries and the locations i gave in LDFLAGS is for 64 Bit libraries. "-m64" in CFLAGS is generating an error and CC="gcc -m64" is running successfully. So, no issues there.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia