Re: pg_xlog Concern - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkata Balaji N
Subject Re: pg_xlog Concern
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Sachin Srivastava <ssr.teleatlas@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Venkata,

I have not set this parameter "archive_timeout"

I think that is also the reason.

What value I'll assign to this parameter if my Checkpoint_segments= 200 and checkpoint_timeout= 5min, kindly confirm.

Before we get on to that, can you please let us know what is archive_status directory saying. Do you see any files there ? if yes, what is there extension ?
We need to first investigate why pg_xlog is growing, is it because of long running transactions or archiving is not working as expected.
It is the checkpoint process which cleans up the WAL files from pg_xlog, if that is not happening

Regards,

Venkata Balaji N

Fujitsu Australia