Important Installation issue with packaged windows x64 version - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rudy Ansart
Subject Important Installation issue with packaged windows x64 version
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

When i try to install Postgre Pre-built binary packages x86 - 64 for
windows with the graphical installer; i have some important issue.

My operating system is Windows 7 Pro 64 bits sp1, My user account have full
control (Administrator right and UAC is shutdown ),

even i go on "super user" account  the same problem occurs.

The main Issue is that the "initialisation cluster's" for database sequence
seem's to be freezed or too long ( --> intel core i7 3.5 Ghz , 16 go ram &
ssd for hard drive so is not the hardware fail's )

I add that the basic's step by step standard method is followed, default
path/folder setup and local for database format chosen,

But strangly, when i change the path and choose the root of the hard drive
the "initialisation cluster" sequence seem's to pass successfully, but the
serveur can't start with an automatic

configuration for local usage, the service of the server doesn't appears on
services.msc panel and not in the start menu ( No icon server and Refresh
status server available ).

Please, is it possible for you to help me and can you give me the process
detail to be sure that i did no misstake.

Thank you very much

Best Regards.

Rudy

PS : I'm on programmer's studies and i really need to work on postgres
solution , my curse and exrcice are on it.