Re: BUG #6412: psql & fe-connect truncate passwords - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andy Grimm
Subject Re: BUG #6412: psql & fe-connect truncate passwords
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Andy Grimm's message of s=E1b ene 28 14:32:24 -0300 2012:
>
>> Perhaps I should just submit the patch to pgsql-hackers ? =A0I'm new to
>> the pgsql bug interaction process, so my apologies if filing a bug was
>> not the appropriate way to present the issue. =A0I get Internal Server
>> Error messages when I attempt to subscribe to any of the pgsql mailing
>> lists, so this makes communication with the lists difficult.
>
> Err, it's not the first time I hear about this, but I haven't been able
> to detect a problem anywhere. =A0Exactly how are you trying to subscribe?

Thanks for the concern, Alvaro.   As it turns out, despite the 500 ISE
message returned in my browser, I did receive a confirmation email and
was able to subscribe to this list, so it's not entirely broken.  As
for how I tried to subscribe, I simply went to
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-bugs (which is the link
provided at http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/ ).

--Andy