Re: Scalable cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani
Subject Re: Scalable cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
One question about Postgres-XC, can it distribute one single query in
all nodes ?

Example,
Nodes: Node1,Node2,Node3
Query:"SELECT sum(foo) FROM bar group by foo"

(Obvious: Your data has to be shared between the nodes)

Query -> Compiler (in the pool)-> "share the query between the nodes"
-> merge -> return

I know tools to do it, but don't have full implementation like Netezza.

Thank you.