Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-09-02 19:59:37 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> No, not after someone pointed out that it could have strange side-effects
> on full text search configurations that used unaccent.  You'd stop being
> able to find documents whenever your search term is stripped of accents
> more thoroughly than before.  That might be all right in a new major
> release (if it documents that you might have to rebuild your FTS indexes
> and derived tsvector columns).  It's not all right in a minor release.

Yes, it was me that pointed that out and argued against it ;)
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20150618202135.GB29350%40alap3.anarazel.de
and following.

Thomas, will you repost context & a patch implementing this (instead of
just files)?

Attached.  I gave the script a better name and some comments.

--
Attachment