Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:46 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <munro@ip9.org> writes:
> > It was using CC="ccache cc" for C, but no explicit CXX.  Somehow our
> > configure script flipped from finding c++ (the system C++ compiler,
> > which is Clang) to finding g++ (an old GCC port I had installed) after
> > that commit, and the resulting .so didn't work too well.  I did not
> > upgrade or change anything at that time.  I must admit that commit of
> > Peter's looks fairly innocent though.  Is it possible that an earlier
> > change caused it, but this change caused the "accache" to be cleared?
>
> Yeah, I think you're on the right track.  Had you made any changes in
> that animal's configuration file between 21 Jan (the previous touch
> of "configure" was in ee27584c4) and 9 Feb?  Or updated the platform's
> compilers?

Oh, yeah, I remember now that I installed an old GCC a few weeks back
when testing some theory or other.  I am slightly surprised that we
prefer g++ to c++, so that merely installing it has this effect.
Anyway, I've now set the compiler explicitly.  Sorry for the noise.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com