Re: 9.5 CentOS 7 setting PGDATA for systemctl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tory M Blue
Subject Re: 9.5 CentOS 7 setting PGDATA for systemctl
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> On 05/22/2016 09:06 AM, Tory M Blue wrote:
>>

>>> On May 22, 2016, at 07:50, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> So where did you get the 'stock' RPM's from, CentOS or the Postgres
>>> repos?
>>

>> Postgres yum repos (I like this btw)
>

> I do not use CentOS myself, so I will point you at this:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/80-Installing-and-configuring-PostgreSQL-9.3-and-9.4-on-RHEL-7.html

Thanks Adrian, had not seen that page, so I modified my image , moving
some files around, having them modified and it's working as I
expected.. w0w convoluted, but this works.

"As of RHEL 7, as done in the Fedora packages for two years, the unit
files are located under /lib/systemd/system/ directory. Please do not
edit these files directly. Instead, if you want to make any changes,
create a copy of them under /etc/systemd/system/ , and edit those
files. Run"

# Location of database directory

Environment=PGDATA=/pgsql/9.5/data

Thanks again!