Re: Is there a significant difference in Memory settings between 9.5and 12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tory M Blue
Subject Re: Is there a significant difference in Memory settings between 9.5and 12
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 7:57 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday, May 11, 2020, Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll keep digging, but i'm hesitant to do my multiple TB db's with half of their shared buffer configs, until I understand what 12 is doing differently than 9.5

Maybe run your test suite on 9.6, 10, and 11 to see if it is indeed new to 12 or at least appears on other versions?

David J.

That may be the next step in the lab, but was hoping someone knew of a significant difference.

Thanks
Tory