using stale statistics instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tory M Blue
Subject using stale statistics instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding
Date
List pgsql-performance
No hits on the intratubes on this.

Any idea ? We are doing some massive deletes so was curious as to what would cause this error. The DB is up, not overburdened, just some big deletes and slon replication processes.

CentOS 6.6
Postgres 9.4.5

First time I've ever seen this alert/error just curious about it.

2016-03-08 16:17:29 PST    11877 2016-03-08 16:17:29.850 PSTLOG:  using stale statistics instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding

Thanks

Tory