Re: BUG #16006: Update queries fail on a table having any policy witha function that takes a whole-row var as arg - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vinay Banakar
Subject Re: BUG #16006: Update queries fail on a table having any policy witha function that takes a whole-row var as arg
Date
In response to Re: BUG #16006: Update queries fail on a table having any policy with a function that takes a whole-row var as arg  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

Thank you for finding the root cause, I just checked on 9.15.17 and it is still failing here also.
But I distinctly remember it working earlier, not sure which version of pg (at least <9.5.16) though as I have lost that earlier setup.

Regards
Vinay

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:58 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I don't quite understand how this "visibly" broke between 9.5.15 and
> 9.5.19 as the op reports? Haven't dug into it yet though.

I'm confused about that too, since in my hands the submitted test
case fails in both of those branches.  I've also been able to
adapt it to fail in v10/v11.  Will commit in a moment.

                        regards, tom lane