Re: [GENERAL] current postgresql logfile being written to? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lucas Possamai
Subject Re: [GENERAL] current postgresql logfile being written to?
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi there,

 I was hoping for a method (like archive_command) to handle logfile processing/archiving/compression, but unless doing it the logrotate way, I don’t see anything that postgresql provides. Is that correct?

The closest I could find is: pg_rotate_logfile()… but here my question is where do I find the current active logfile(s) that postgresql is currently writing to?
(At least that way I can handle all the files that that postgresql is not writing to :) )

Hendrik

I use logging_collector + log_rotation_age + log_filename + log_min_duration_statement [1]

Using those options PG automatically rotates and keep them for a week or more if you specified it.