Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 at 16:48, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> As for the changes proposed in the create_statistics, do we really want
> to use univariate / multivariate there? Yes, the terms are correct, but
> I'm not sure how many people looking at CREATE STATISTICS will
> understand them.

Hmm, I think "univariate" and "multivariate" are pretty ubiquitous,
when used to describe statistics. You could use "single-column" and
"multi-column", but then "column" isn't really right anymore, since it
might be a column or an expression. I can't think of any other terms
that fit.

Regards,
Dean