Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, 9 Oct 2018, 02:38 Jonathan S. Katz, <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
Hi Dean,

On 10/4/18 3:41 PM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 16:50, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> As part of the effort to modernize the look and feel of PostgreSQL.org
>> and associated web projects, Sarah & I have worked on applying the new
>> styles to the documentation.
>>
>> We are looking for feedback in the following areas:
>>
>> - Things that may have degraded the user experience, e.g. things that
>> are difficult to read
>> - Visual bugs and errors
>>

> There seems to be a problem with the layout some of the tables. For
> example on this page:
>
> http://174.138.60.30/docs/10/static/functions-math.html
>
> the description column is far too narrow, leading to descriptions with
> one or two words per line, spread over dozens of lines.

Sorry for the slow reply on this one - it took a little bit more time to
troubleshoot. This should now be fixed - please let me know if you are
still having issues.

Thanks. That definitely improves things from a normal desktop browser. However, this still isn't ideal on smaller screens. For example, attached are screenshots taken from my Android tablet of the bottom of Table 9.5, comparing the current docs with the new ones.

Regards,
Dean
Attachment