Re: Doc patch making firm recommendation for setting the value of commit_delay - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Doc patch making firm recommendation for setting the value of commit_delay
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15 November 2012 08:56, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> My main concern with this would be the relatively common practice of moving
> the pg_xlog directory after initdb time.

I probably should have increased the default number of seconds that
pg_test_fsync runs for, in light of the fact that that can make an
appreciable difference when following this method. I'd suggest that a
value of 5 be used there. I think we should just change that, since
everyone will just use the default anyway (or, the more cautious ones
will use a higher value than the default, if anything).

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/