Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
Re: Last gasp  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 April 2012 02:14, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> My perception of what's going on here is dramatically different from
> yours.  I don't think there was any overflow of submissions for 9.2.

That is just not true. See the attached graph (couldn't produce one
with better resolution at short notice) - I've just eyeballed the
graph, but it looks like an upward trend to me. I think I submitted my
first patch in late April 2011. Now that Andres has joined
2ndQuadrant, it seems likely that his output will increase by a large
amount too. I think that Noah began contributing less than 2 years
ago. It certainly seems to me like we're getting more submissions that
are more complex...this image was generated by the tool gitstat, and
as such does not include figures for the patches that we were unable
to commit, though there also appears to be an upward trend there.

> For the most part I would describe it as a slow and boring release
> cycle, with the usual spike in half-baked submissions right near the
> end, except this release they were less baked than usual, which is why
> most of them didn't go in.

That is uncalled for.

Attachment