Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date
In response to Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 19 March 2012 01:50, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I am *not* a fan of regression tests that try to microscopically test
> every feature in the system.

I see your point of view. I suppose I can privately hold onto the test
suite, since it might prove useful again.

I will work on a pg_regress based approach with a reasonably-sized
random subset of about 20 of my existing tests, to provide some basic
smoke testing.