Re: Patch: add timing of buffer I/O requests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Patch: add timing of buffer I/O requests
Date
Re: Patch: add timing of buffer I/O requests  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10 April 2012 23:07, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 04/10/2012 12:27 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I am doing more sophisticated things with it, so I'll celebrate this as my
> opportunity to say I did something you didn't see coming for 2012.

This is why I requested that we expose the query_id hash value - I
believe that it will be generally useful in clustering situations. It
would be nice to have a persistent identifier. While we're discussing
revising pg_stat_statement's interface, are you still opposed to
exposing that value, Tom?