[Admin] Reclaim Space from 4 TB Database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rahul Saha
Subject [Admin] Reclaim Space from 4 TB Database
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Experts,

Greetings !!

Background -  PG version 9.4
Linux - Rhel

I have a scenario in production environment where the DB size is close to 4 TB and couple of tables are 1.5TB each.

Now, as the table are highly transactional therefore there is lot of bloat in tables. While I run Vaccum Full in weekend when there is no incoming connection, vacuum full never completes in 2 days.

Firstly, I wanted to know what are the factor I should consider to speed up Vacuum Full process other than investing memory.

Secondly are there any other option to reclaim space.  (Pg_repck is a option). I am looking for more option if available.

Thank you everyone.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rahul Saha