Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robins Tharakan
Subject Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Please find an updated patch as per comments on Commitfest (comments replicated below for ease of understanding).

Feedback 1:
fc: role_ro2/3 used twice?
rt: Corrected in this update.

Feedback 2:
fc: I do not understand why "asdf" conveys anything about an expected failure. Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties? :-)
rt: ASDF is a pattern that I learnt in one of the tests (SEQUENCE?) that pre-existed when I started working. Its a slang for arbit text that I just reused thinking that it is normal practice here. Anyway, have corrected that in this update.

Feedback 3:
fc: 2030/1/1 -> 2030-01-01? maybe use a larger date?
rt: 2030/1/1 date is not a failure point of the test. It needs to be a valid date (but sufficiently distant that so that tests don't fail). I tried setting this to 2200/1/1 and I get the same error message. Let me know if this still needs to be a large date.
fb: VALID UNTIL '9999-12-31' works for me...
rt: I thought 20 years is a date sufficiently far ahead to ensure that this test doesn't fail. Sure, have updated the test to use 9999/1/1. Also, have added more tests at the end to ensure date-checks are also being validated in ALTER ROLE VALID UNTIL.

Let me know if you need anything else changed in this.
--
Robins Tharakan