Re: Timestamp with timezone output - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arnaud Inovia Team
Subject Re: Timestamp with timezone output
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, it seems the Daylight Savings Time is perfect explanation to me. Thanks y'all, you're the best !

--
Arnaud Becher
Paris - San Francisco

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Arnaud Inovia Team
<arnaud.becher@inovia-team.com> wrote:

> While using "psql", when selecting a column timestamp with
> timezone, I get results with different timezones:
>
> -[ RECORD 6 ]---+-----------------------
> expiration_date | 2015-09-07 00:00:00+02
> expiration_date | 2015-11-27 00:00:00+01
>
> Shouldn't all value be converted to the same timezone ?

Perhaps your local time zone ends Daylight Saving Time between
those dates, so the offset from UTC is different on those dates?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment