License Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jamie Specter
Subject License Question
Date
Re: License Question  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello -

Big fan of psycopg2!

I would love to use it in an Apache-licensed project but unfortunately, LGPL licenses are not compatible with Apache 2.0.

Apache 2.0 explicitly states that we cannot distribute components under prohibited licenses (which includes LGPL) and our group wants to use that license.

Is there any chance the project can be dual-licensed with a permissive option like MIT or BSD?  (You could even say the permissive license is only available if used in Apache 2.0 projects.) That will allow us to incorporate your work into our project!

There are many permissive licenses (https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a) and even some weak copy left licenses we could make work (https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b).

 Thanks for your consideration!

-Jamie