Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dong Ye
Subject Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine
Date
List pgsql-performance
> There was some earlier comment in this discussion about not using NFS datastores for Postgres VMDK's. Would you think
you'dsee a difference in scalability behavior or performance in these tests if a NFS datastore would be used instead?
Providedthe architecture is properly setup for that, with high speed low latency networking, and fast NAS storage.

Though not first-hand experience, my understanding is that performance
is not near the top of the list of considerations when weighing
different storage protocols. You might find the following docs useful:
http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/Storage_Protocol_Comparison.pdf
http://media.netapp.com/documents/tr-3916.pdf

Cheers,
Dong