Re: streaming replication different versions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: streaming replication different versions
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mer. 6 oct. 2021 à 13:46, Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net> a écrit :
Marc Millas schrieb am 06.10.2021 um 13:43:
> on release 10,  I remember reading something like: streaming replication is NOW upward compatible.
> which could be understood as: its possible to have a master in rel 10 and a slave in rel 11.

No, that's not possible.

For streaming replication both servers must run the same major versions.

You're right for physical replication. But it works for logical replication, which was released in version 10.

--
Guillaume.