Re: recovery.conf and archive files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: recovery.conf and archive files
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le dim. 9 oct. 2022 à 13:54, Rita <rmorgan466@gmail.com> a écrit :
I have primary and standby replication setup.

On my primary the archive directory is rather large (30GB) and growing. On my standby I have recovery.conf which has
archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup -d /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/archive %r'

I was under the impression this line would remove data from my primary AND standby. Is that not the case?

pg_archivecleanup will clean up the *local* directory. It won't clean up the archive directory if it's stored on the primary.

If I misunderstood your issue, it would be great to send us the postgresql.conf file from your primary.

--
Guillaume.