Re: Queries Per Second (QPS) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Queries Per Second (QPS)
Date
List pgsql-performance

Le 26 sept. 2015 6:26 PM, "Adam Scott" <adam.c.scott@gmail.com> a écrit :

> How do we measure queries per second (QPS), not transactions per second, in PostgreSQL without turning on full logging which has a performance penalty and can soak up lots of disk space?

The only way I can think of is to write an extension that will execute some code at the end of the execution of a query.

Note that this might get tricky. Do you want to count any query? Such as those in explicit transactions and those in plpgsql functions? People might not see this your way, which may explain why I don't know of any such extension.