Re: Safe to delete files? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul van der Linden
Subject Re: Safe to delete files?
Date
List pgsql-general
It was just 99 files of 1GB each for each id, and no I didn't vacuum.
I did see disk usage dropping quite a lot after dropping those tables though, so I expected postgres to delete all unneccesary files for all the tables.

However when checking just now I saw that the files I was referring to were indeed deleted somehow (don't have an autovacuum running).
So not sure how or why, but my problem is solved

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 2:06 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 4/12/19 1:11 PM, Paul van der Linden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For my process, I needed to drop all the tables in a tablespace except
> one which I truncated.
> After that I would have expected to have a couple of KB max in that
> folder, but there was about 200GB in it.
>
> There were 2 sets of files (<id1>, <id1>.1 .. <id1>.99, and the same for
> id2).

Can you show the actual dir listing?

--
Adrian Klaver