Re: Slow response to my query - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Goke Aruna
Subject Re: Slow response to my query
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks Jean-Yves,
I will install pgbench and revert.
however, do you have ant specific test to run with the pgbench?

I have about 6 of my columns indexed.

I will share the test query once i got the queries from the UI man.

Regards

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 5:42 AM Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 05:35:44 +0100
Goke Aruna <goksie@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I have a HP DL380 server  g8 with 32GB RAM and 48 *2.5Ghz CPU. Running
> on CentOS Linux 7.4.
>
> I have a postgresql 12 database. One of my tables has 42 columns and
> has about 500million records.
> However, any attempt to select even 1 column from the table take hours
> at least 1.5hours to respond.

Did you test your installation with pgbench?

> Kindly help on documentation on how to optimize it to return the
> response in milliseconds.

Do you have any indexes?

What is your test query?

Jean-Yves