Re: Compatibility modes supported in ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Re: Compatibility modes supported in ECPG
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Shouldn't we throw an error for this, instead of accepting it and
>> assuming it as INFORMIX_SE mode. Thoughts?
>
> Yes, I'd say that would be better. :)

Thanks Michael. Shall i submit a patch for it. Also, what about making
the compatibility modes case insensitive. Currently, ecpg accepts
compatibility mode only in capital letters. In case if the INFORMIX or
INFORMIX_SE is entered in small or mixed type letter, ecpg throws an
error. Shouldn't that be handled as well?

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma