Re: [HACKERS] Make subquery alias optional in FROM clause - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pantelis Theodosiou
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Make subquery alias optional in FROM clause
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com> wrote:
>> I suspect most users, like me, just roll their eyes, grumble, and put up
>> with it rather than complain.  It's a pain point, but tolerable enough
>> that no one bothers to demand a change.  Now that it's been done though,
>> allow me to add my voice in favor of it!

> +1 to all of that.

My vote doesn't count much but it would be -1.

Question: Will the patch be removed if and when Oracle decides to be compatible with the standard and forbids non-aliased derived tables?

(I know it's a rather theoretical question. Unlikely that Oracle breaks backwards compatibility on that.)

Pantelis Theodosiou