Re: [ADMIN] Risks of running Postgres as a Docker container? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vladimir Rusinov
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Risks of running Postgres as a Docker container?
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 6:08 AM, Gustav Karlsson <gustav.karlsson@bekk.no> wrote:

- Anybody running production databases in Docker? Have you experienced many issues?

Yes, and yes. :)

- What are the risks of doing it? (We would of course mount an external volume for the data-directory)

We have not seen any durability issues due to docker. We have seen some docker bugs where individual containers or the whole docker daemon will get stuck in weird states, but it seems to have gotten better in recent releases. If you have less than a hundred instances you are unlikely to see these.

--
Vladimir Rusinov
PostgreSQL SRE, Google Ireland

Google Ireland Ltd.,Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland
Registration Number: 368047