Can database access for roles be different on the hot standby servervs the master server? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mark Steben
Subject Can database access for roles be different on the hot standby servervs the master server?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

I just implemented two instances of hot standby psql databases on a server for the purpose of developer queries and reports.  The primary servers are our production servers.  Is it possible to revoke the access by developers on production while giving them read access on the standby?  Everything I have read so far about hot standby indicates that ANY change (such as create/drop role or grant/revoke) made on the master will propagate to the standby and that DDL statements cannot be run on the standby.

Thank you,

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator