Re: contrib/sepgsql regression tests are a no-go - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kohei KaiGai
Subject Re: contrib/sepgsql regression tests are a no-go
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2011/9/26 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> As a stopgap, what about removing sepgsql from the list of contrib
> modules tested by "make -C contrib check"?  (I haven't looked at
> exactly how ugly it might be to do that, nor whether we'd have to also
> disable installcheck from recursing to sepgsql.)

Is it unavailable to provide a hint to inform the main Makefile this contrib
module does not support either make 'check' or 'installcheck'?

For example, How about an idea to add REGRESS_AVAILABLE that
takes empty, 'only-check' or 'only-checkinstall'; and skip regression test
when 'only-checkinstall' is set on this?
If so, we shall handle similar cases in the future; without trade-off.

I also think it is not a reasonable option to remove --with-selinux to restain
regression test, instead of libselinux version checks.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>