Re: PostgreSQL 9.3beta1 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Ilyas --
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.3beta1 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Thank you for your response!

I will try to build from git :)

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 10:43 +0400, Ilyas -- wrote:

> Some times ago I have used PostgreSQL 9.3beta1 on my CentOS 6 x86_64 box.
>
> Few days ago I updated my server and received PostgreSQL 9.3 release
> packages and my database won't start. I have no possibilities to downgrade
> postgres version because no old packages available in repo.

> I googled for yum.postgresql.org archives, but I didn't find anything.
>
> Could you provide me this packages
>
> postgresql93-libs-9.3beta1-4PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
> postgresql93-9.3beta1-4PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
> postgresql93-server-9.3beta1-4PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

Unfortunately no. 9.3 beta was released about 18 months before
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1463/ and we don't have even the
tarball anymore:

ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/pub/source/

What you can do it (*I* don't know how, but I know it is doable) fetch
9.3 beta1 sources from our git repo, create the tarball of your own, and
then follow the instructions in

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/44-How-To-Build-Your-Own-PostgreSQL-and-related-software-RPMs-on-CentOSRHELFedora.html

to create your own RPMs. If you need professional support, you can
contact the PostgreSQL support companies, so that they can prepare the
RPMs for you.

> P.S. It will be great if yum.postgresql.org will store all released
> packages for last few years...

Then we would use hundreds of GBs of disk space, and then would keep
releases which have security issues and bugs.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

GPG Key ID: 6EC5EB27