Re: Seeking help in promoting pgDay Asia - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Seeking help in promoting pgDay Asia
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Thanks Josh for your guidance.

One of the challenges we are facing now is lack of legal entity here in Singapore. I have run out of time to go through paper work and get one registered.

I have spoken to my employer and they have agreed (in-principle) to be a co-host and Organizing Partner and in-turn they will provide all local help and support. E.g. getting sponsorship money, disbursing the money to speakers for their travel grants, providing Visa letter to speakers and attendees.

Is there anything in this where community will have an issue? I want to make sure we are not doing something which makes the community unhappy.

Regards
Saneer

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 01:55 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 02/12/2016 05:15 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 02:58 Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com
> <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/12/2016 08:57 AM, Sameer Kumar wrote:
>     > Hi All,
>     >
>     > We are hosting first ever pan-Asia PostgreSQL conference in
>     Singapore on
>     > 17th and 19th March 2016. We seek help from community members to
>     help us
>     > make it a success.
>     >
>     > I realize that we are late on our schedule to seek help (and a lot of
>     > other matters). We would cordially invite community members and users
>     > across the globe to register themselves for the event over here -
>     > http://2016.pgday.asia/index.html#registration
>
>     Yeah, I could have gone if it has been confirmed a month ago. :-(
>
>     Anyway, is this on PostgreSQL events?
>

> No. How can I out it up there. I have added events in past under my
> organisation. How can I do it for a community event?

Create a new organization?  Or just send it out under PostgreSQL Singapore.

>     Did you send it to News and announce?
>

> We have sent it to announce. I am not subscribed to news list. I will
> check and do so.

News is also on the home page.  That would be an approporate place to
post a call for presentations.

--
Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com