Re: Using pg_rewind for differential backup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Using pg_rewind for differential backup
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:49 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> It also would be quite straightforward to write a separate tool to do just
> that. Would be better than conflating pg_rewind with this. You could use
> pg_rewind as the basis for it - it's under the same license as PostgreSQL.

​Agree. I would want to work on that.​

If we had such a tool in core, would that completely solve the
differential backup problem, or would more be needed?

​In my opinion​ yes.

This discussion is not really adapted on hackers as pg_rewind is not included in Postgres core code. Please let's discuss your proposal there.

​Got it​. But given the above, can we keep this discussion thread here?

Best Regards,

Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant

ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: +65 8110 0350  T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

icons

Email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment