Re: Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 04:05 , <martin.kamp.jensen@schneider-electric.com> wrote:
Hi,

We are getting invalid data when reading from a synchronously replicated hot standby node in a 2-node setup. To better understand the situation, we have created a document that provides an overview. We are hoping that someone might be able to confirm whether or not the setup makes sense, i.e., whether we are using PostgreSQL correctly and experiencing a bug, or if we are using PostgreSQL incorrectly.

Link to document that contains a step-by-step description of the situation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MuX8rq1gKw_WZ-HVflqxFslvXNTRGKa77A4NHto4ue0/edit?usp=sharing

If the setup is sane (and expected to work), we will work on setting up a minimal reproduce that avoids our complete system. We are thinking that a scripted Ansible/Vagrant setup makes sense.

I am not sure if it is because of that but you are on an old patch. Upgrade to latest (I guess 9.1.21).

Once you have upgraded, re-create the stand by from scratch using a basebackup and then see if the error is still there.

Best regards,
Martin
Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com