Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GPT
Subject Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function
Date
List pgsql-general
Good afternoon!
> Postgres did not behave in a 'poor' way, the extension just did not
> interpret the results correctly.
Eh! Eh! Adrian/Christoph one minute please because this is something
new (at least in the very clear way you formulate it now and I can
understand it easily)!
The statement was sent correctly from the module to PG; PG returned
the correct set of data to the module; BUT module failed to
interpret/present the data to me!

Q1: Is this what you are telling me?
  a) Yes
  b) No

Q2: Module sent the statement to the PG in a way A which PG does
understand. Did the PG sent back to the module in a way A or B or ...
which module understands?
  a) Yes
  b) No

Q3: And which part has "triggered" (so, is responsible for) the wrong
errors to appear on my screen,
  a) PG,
  b) the module,
  c) the java driver,
  d) PL/SQL,
  e) undefined,
  f) NULL or
  g) I do not know / I do not respond (joke!)?

> ... Postgres has no way of knowing what
> happens after its data is passed on.
In this case, I do not disagree at all!

> You are looking for Postgres to
> follow its responses all the way through the software stack and tell you
> if the response is being misused. That is not going to happen.
For God sake! No, I am not! As soon as the correct data left the
PG-space in the format that the statement requested, and the KEY was
not NULL, of course, I do not blame PG.

Q4: If I used psql, I would get the correct data or not?

> You did ... I am
> not seeing what the problem in the process is?
There is not any problem in the process at all. The process is
excellent. Now, I realise that our communication channels/frequencies
maybe are different. We have exchanged so many mails because we are
not able to understand each other.

> It is not a joke ...
I do agree! That's why I said it's a joke! Ah, again different frequencies.

> Except the problem you ran into:)
+ Eh, "you" added the new plan! Don't be unfair to the developer!

> There is also:
>
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/
> https://www.mysql.com/
There are more! Eh eh! "You" fooled me by writing that it is the most
advanced open source database in the world! I believed in "you" and
"your" words!
Mysql site writes "The world's most popular open source database". I
am not gonna get fooled again so easily!

> Which is exactly where you ran into a problem, so I question the easy
> part. Still, go for it.
I do not get it! Different frequencies...
> Pretty quickly from what I saw of their responses to your issues.
The enlightenment has not been quickly but easy easy we shall manage
to become together!

Have a nice evening!

Tia