Re: ODBC MSI flagged as 'suspicious' - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Ross Reedstrom
Subject Re: ODBC MSI flagged as 'suspicious'
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I'm betting the audit software gives installations a "pass" if the msi package is signed. Since the postgresql one is not, all the other "suspicious behavior" filters (using crypto, creating folders with restricted permissions, etc.) are flagging up. So, I think I'd try to take the tack with our security team that you verified the source of the package (a postgresql team controlled website with proper cert), and all the other activities are the expected behavior of an install of a database connector/communication software.
Ross