Feature request: pg_restore with tablespace rules - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Kane
Subject Feature request: pg_restore with tablespace rules
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all...

Forgive me if this is not the correct forum for such suggestions.

I'm about to begin using the custom format options for pg_restore, so that we can leverage the performance gains from --jobs options.
However I would like to be able to specify the tablespace for individual tables/indexes at the time of the restore operation.

Is this something that could be achieved using the pg_restore -L  style list files?  I realise that there is no tablespace information exposed in this output at this time, but it could be a logical way to achieve this kind of behaviour in the future?

For now I will look at ALTER'ing the individual tables/indexes post-restore

Cheers,

Tim