Re: Performance benchmark of PG - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Manish Lad
Subject Re: Performance benchmark of PG
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yes you are right. I also experienced same in one such migration from db2 to PG which had read faster but the write was not meeting the need.

We then noticed the differences in disk types.

Once changed it matched the source.

Thanks and Regards

Manish

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021, 16:34 Laurenz Albe, <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Mon, 2021-07-19 at 15:39 +0530, Manish Lad wrote:
> We are planning to migrate Oracle exadata database to postgresql and db size ranges from 1 tb to 60 TB.
>
> Will the PG support this with the performance matching to that of exadata applince?
> If anyone could point me in the right direction where i xan get the benchmarking done
>  for these two databases either on prime or any cloud would be great.

You won't find any trustworthy benchmarks anywhere, because Oracle expressedly
forbids publishing of benchmark results in its license, unless Oracle has given
its permission.

The question cannot be answered, because performance depends on your workload,
configuration, software and hardware.  Perhaps PostgreSQL will be faster, perhaps not.

Test and see.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe