temporary tables are logged somehow? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrey Lizenko
Subject temporary tables are logged somehow?
Date
Re: temporary tables are logged somehow?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello all,
I have a problem with growing WAL-files populating a temporary table.

After running the following script 8192 times (each in separate connection) I can see 3*16 MB WAL files.

CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS positiontemporarytable (pos_instrument_id integer, pos_code varchar(40));
BEGIN TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;
prepare pos_insert (integer, varchar(40)) as insert into "positiontemporarytable" values($1, $2);
execute pos_insert ('76','27958');
execute pos_insert ('71','9406:58');
<about 8000 same 'executes' commands>
execute pos_insert ('74','19406:58');
COMMIT;

It was tested via pgbench:
pgbench -l -t 8192 -C -f /db/postgres/report_test.sql db_test

and  simple bash script:
for i in {1..8192}
do
    echo $i
    psql -f /db/postgres/report_test.sql db_test
done

Results are the same. Server version 9.3.5 (it seems 9.2.4 and 9.2.9 also affected by this).

As metioned, for example, in Robert Haas blog
3. They are not WAL-logged.

Whats wrong with it in my case?

--
Regards, Andrey Lizenko