Re: pg*.dll and *.pdb files in psqlODBC have no version numbers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: pg*.dll and *.pdb files in psqlODBC have no version numbers
Date
List pgsql-odbc

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 13:53, Mark Hill <Mark.Hill@sas.com> wrote:

I posted these questions to this group a few weeks ago but haven’t received a response so reposting to
see if anybody has any ideas.

We download the ODBC source from http://ftp.postgresql.org<http://ftp.postgresql.org/> and build it on-site, 13.02.0000 in this case.

A colleague noticed that the following files in the psqlODBC MSI for Windows have no version numbers:
pgenlist.dll
pgenlista.dll
pgxalib.dll
pgenlist.pdb
pgenlista.pdb
psqlodbc30a.pdb
psqlodbc35w.pdb

Does anyone know if that is be design or some other reason? Should they have version numbers?

I checked earlier build and the same holds for ODBC 12.02.0000.

Doesn't look like we have ever versioned them. My guess is that by not versioning them when you install the latest it overwrites the existing

Dave

Thanks, Mark