Re: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 19:56, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>> > I'm curious; under what circumstances would the above occur?
>>
>> Former primary goes down and one of standbys is promoting but it is
>> not promoted to new primary yet.
>>

> seems like JDBC might have some work to do...Thanks
>
> I'm going to wait to implement until we resolve this discussion

If you need some input from me regarding finding a primary node,
please say so.  While working on Pgpool-II project, I learned the
necessity in a hard way.

I would really like to have a consistent way of doing this, and consistent terms for the connection parameters.

that said yes, I would like input from you.

Thanks,

Dave