Re: Possible Example Error in Documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From John Burgoon
Subject Re: Possible Example Error in Documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
Thanks, everyone.

This morning when I opened the file and ran it, everything worked fine.  Beats me what was happening, but the overnight reboot took care of it.

I should know by now to try turning it off and back on again...  ;)

Thanks so much.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 8:51 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 11/5/20 7:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/plpgsql-transactions.html
>
>> We are using Postgres 12. When I use the example given for
>> transaction_test1() from the documentation here:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/12/plpgsql-transactions.html/,
>> the procedure is created without incident.  However, when I attempt "CALL
>> transaction_test1();", I receive the "invalid transaction termination"
>> error.
>
> Hmm, it works for me.

Ditto.

I did get that error message if I put a "BEGIN;" statement before
executing the CALL statement.

Jonathan

--
By morning, there was no evidence of what had happened between us, or not happened. How everything depends.
The sound of bees beginning to stir a last time all over again in the walls of a house left wintering. -- Carl Philips