Re: Errors on missing pg_subtrans/ files with 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From J Smith
Subject Re: Errors on missing pg_subtrans/ files with 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> How was this upgrade done?  If you used pg_upgrade, what version of the
> pg_upgrade code did you use?  As I recall, there was a bug in older
> versions which could exhibit in this way..
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/20110408pg_upgrade_fix

As mentioned in the original post...

"the new database cluster was created by dumping global settings
using pg_dumpall and then dumping each database individually."

We haven't been able to use pg_upgrade as we rely heavily on PostGIS
and do hard upgrades via pg_dump and postgis_restore.pl when we
upgrade.

Cheers