Fwd: Change the auth. postgresql and GIS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolas Hanry
Subject Fwd: Change the auth. postgresql and GIS
Date
Fwd: Change the auth. postgresql and GIS  (Nikolas Hanry <kopfderhund@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

Dear Community,

we tried to change the auth. in our postgresql environment (PostgreSQL V.11)
from MD5 to SCRUM SHA 256

 - stop the services and killed all active connections
- changed with alter and set pw the editor user to sha (psql)
- checked if the pw changes successfull (psql and pg4admin)
- tried to open new document from GIS desktop and edit --> error msg. connection not available
- after few minutes the pw synchonized and changed  automatically back

My questions are:
Is it possible to work with GIS files (desktop and web) after pw changes to SHA 256? We are handling with this issue and don't want to change it directly for gisadmin (owner all db's) either with the postgres user

Does the changes revert back automatically to MD5 after a while due synchronization? In our test environment tried the same way, although the only difference was that we changed as well pg_hba_conf as well
host     postgres      all        172.xxx.xxx.83/32   scram-sha-256
 and Type       DB  USER      ADDRESS     METHOD    --> trust and scram-sha-256 overall.

Many thanks in advance
Best Regards
Nikola Lubenov