Re: code completion feature question - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Bartosz Dmytrak
Subject Re: code completion feature question
Date
List pgadmin-support
2012/3/18 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
Le 14/03/2012 21:43, Bartosz Dmytrak a écrit :

As I wrote, SQL Workbench is good benchmark - it is not possible to
select columns without named table, again, there is even possibility to
filter list of available elements (tables, views, columns,...).
In my opinion GUI tool should support this feature (with or without psql
background). This speeds up coding dramatically. Right now I have to
copy/paste column names to avoid misspell.

If we had many developers working on pgAdmin, perhaps we would be able to maintain our own completion feature. But we do not.

If you want a better completion feature, propose a patch for psql on the pgsql-hackers list, and it will then be integrated in pgAdmin.

Thanks,
looks like I have to back to school (C++)

Regards,
Bartek