Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From vinod kale
Subject Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.
Date
Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello Team,

We have to perform the postgres major version upgradation activity in our environment.
So before upgradation we just need to confirm few below things.

Currently we have postgres 9.6.8 version in our environment.
And we have to upgrade on postgres 10.8 or 10.11 or 11.7
So can we upgrade directly from
9.6.8 to 10.8 ,
9.6.8 to 10.11 ,
9.6.8 to 11.7

And also all this postgres versions i.e  9.x, 10.x , 11.x are compatible with operating system centos-7?

Please help me out in same.

Kindly let me know if anything required.
Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards
Vinod Kale.