Re: pgsql: Remove support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
Date
List pgsql-committers

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 3:50 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 12:06:30AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> As I recall, we'd already decided that nightjar needs to be EOL'd
> because that version of FreeBSD has nonatomic file rename [1].

Ah, indeed.  I forgot this discussion, and that was not long ago.

I was going to upgrade it when I could migrate the OS of the host machine to CentOS 8. However, last time  I looked some things about Centos 8 (e.g. EPEL) were not mature enough. In any case, to do that requires my physical presence, and I'm currently 10,000 miles or so away from it until mid March. I'll turn off both nightjar and friarbird in the meantime.

cheers

andrew